- A pretty place to enjoy a picnic
- A workout while rock climbing or hiking
- A fun playground for the kids
- A place to soak in the vistas of Eugene
- Where to see the birth spot of Eugene
- Trails to bike or walk by the Willamette River
- And even a place to grow your own vegetables.
Skinner’s Butte has been around forever, or close to it, namely millions of years. More recently, within the last 200 years, it is best known as the birthplace of Eugene. More utilitarian uses, such as rock quarrying *, have also befallen it, but not recently. The City’s Parks Department now has a Skinner Butte Park Masterplan, which should make it even more special over upcoming years.